Crunchy Air Fryer Sushi Rolls
Preparation: 1 hour 10 minutes, Cooking: 10 minutes, Servings: 3Ingredients:
- 1½ cup kale
- ¾ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¾ teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
For the salad:
- 3 sheets of sushi nori
- 1 batch sushi rice, cooked (pressure cooked)
- ½ avocado sliced
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
Instructions:Making kale salad:
- Remove the kale ribs and chop.
- Combine the chopped kale with sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Add sesame seeds and combine well.
Making sushi rolls:
- On your kitchen working table, spread the nori sheet.
- Spread a spoon full of sushi rice over the sheet by leaving some space at the edge.
- Place 3 tablespoons of kale salad on top of the rice and above place the avocado slice.
- Roll the sushi from the end portion along with filling and make a tight roll.
- Now seal the blank ends using your fingers.
- Repeat the same process and make 3 or more rolls.
Making the sriracha mayo:
- Combine sriracha with vegan mayo in low-medium heat.
- In a shallow bowl, put the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the sushi roll in the sriracha mayo and dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining sushi rolls.
- Place the coated sushi rolls in the air fryer basket side by side without overlapping.
- Start baking the sushi roll at 390°F for 10 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, shake the air fryer basket.
- Cut each sushi rolls into 6 pieces before serving.
- Serve warm along with soy sauce dipping.
Nutritional values:Calories: 274, Total fat: 8.4g, Saturated fat: 0.6g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 412mg, Total carbs: 40.4g, Dietary fiber: 4.1g, Total sugars: 1.2g, Protein: 8.9g, Calcium: 228mg, Potassium: 749mg